Logentries Announces Out-of-the-box Log Analytics for Heroku’s Most Popular Add-On Services
Real-time Log Management and Analytics for New Relic, Heroku Postgres, Fastly and MongoDB
May 5, 2015
Boston, Massachusetts (May 5, 2015) – Logentries, the leading provider of log management and analytics built for the cloud, today announced the launch of the Heroku Postgres Community Pack, adding to Logentries’ extensive support for the Heroku app environment and its most popular add-on services including New Relic, Fastly, Hosted Graphite, and MongoDB. Logentries Community Packs provide pre-configured, out-of-the-box queries, real-time alerts, and dashboards to get users up and running with log analysis of their Heroku apps and the specific log events they may be producing via one of the Add-on services.
“I love that I get notified immediately when things go wrong in my Heroku apps,” said Stuart Hammar, Co-founder and Developer, Rolo. “Logentries makes it significantly easier to search and read my logs.”
As a top ten Heroku Add-on, Logentries has been designed to seamlessly integrate with the Heroku platform and offer real-time, intuitive logging, alerting and analysis of Heroku applications. Logentries can be easily added to an existing Heroku service via the Heroku Add-ons Marketplace, starting at only $9 per month.
The new Heroku Postgres Community Pack is designed to enable application developers and database administrators to understand their application behavior and analyze the processes between the apps and database. The new Heroku Postgres Community Pack includes preconfigured:
- Saved Queries that automatically look for FATAL, WARNING and ERROR type log events and reveal interesting behaviors across the database.
- Tags and Alerts that understand the messages produced by Postgres; and real-time alerts that can help uncover, for example, when a user has exceeded the Heroku Postgres connection limit.
- Dashboards that offer real-time view of important stats, like log event distribution by severity level and average execution time for slow Postgres queries.
In addition to the new Heroku Postgres logging support, Logentries offers Heroku users live tail search, historical and real-time graphing, and extensive built-in integrations with the most popular Heroku Add-on Services:
- New Relic: Integrate valuable New Relic APM metrics with deep, log-level visibility.
- Fastly: Immediately access saved searches, alerts and dashboards of valuable metrics such as device type, unique IPs, total page hits over time, and requests by country, region or datacenter.
- Hosted Graphite: Quickly extract your most important log events and display them visually in a Hosted Graphite environment.
- MongoDB: Immediately access saved searches, alerts and dashboards of valuable metrics such as the distribution of components, database commands, severity levels and average query result lengths.
“Heroku has done a great job of developing seamless partner integrations with one-click deployment,” said Trevor Parsons, Chief Scientist at Logentries. “At Logentries we wanted to enhance the Heroku user experience further by providing out-of-the-box visibility into the most popular add-ons so that developers can see what’s happening in their apps as well as any databases, CDNs or other cool services they are using.”
The cloud-based Logentries service collects and pre-processes log events in real-time for on-demand analysis, alerting and visualization. With custom tagging and filtering, users can correlate data across their infrastructure to better understand application usage and performance, security and performance issues, and user behavior. To learn more about Logentries, or to get started with a free 30-day Logentries trial, visit logentries.
Logentries is the leading log management and analytics service built for the cloud, making business insights from machine-generated log data easily accessible to development, IT and business operations teams of all sizes. With the broadest platform support and an open API, Logentries brings the value of log-level data to any system, to any team member, and to a community of more than 35,000 worldwide users. While traditional log management and analytics solutions require advanced technical skills to use, and are costly to set-up, Logentries provides an alternative designed for managing huge amounts of data, visualizing insights that matter, and sharing that information across its global user community. To sign up for the free Logentries service, visit logentries.
Recent Press Releases
New Elastic Logging Enhancements Enable Users to Analyze their Docker Log Data Using Dynamic Time-Slice Views to Identify Rare Events & Outlier Issues
New Logentries Community Pack for Puppet Enterprise Enables SysAdmins to Easily Analyze Puppet Event Data
New Puppet Log Analyzer Monitors Puppet Configuration Changes With Out-of-the-Box Queries, Dashboards and Alerting Tools